Monday, June 27th, 2022
2152--Dispatched to Tank Road & Cedar Head Road in Black creek Twp. for a tree on wires. U/R: 1960
Thursday, June 16th, 2022
1445--608 Market Street, Black Creek twp. for a possible gas leak in a residence. U/R: 1920
Friday, June 10th, 2022
picture
0506-Dispatched as part of the first alarm to 121 2nd street in the village of Oneida, East Union Twp. On a house fire. Deputy 9 reported a column from the station and it was upgraded to a working fir...
Thursday, June 9th, 2022
1434--28 E Tuscarora Drive in the Hazle Twp. section of Eagle Rock for an AFA. U/R: 1910
Saturday, January 15th, 2022
2021 video!
Friday, December 3rd, 2021
picture
The lettering was completed on 1910 by Reidler Decal who once again did a fantastic job. The engine is about 95% complete. Once it's complete with the addition of the new equipment we purchased, w...
Saturday, October 2nd, 2021
picture
Today the three departments (Us, sheppton-oneida, & Hazle Twp) that benefit from the golf tournament received our checks. The golf tournament itself raised a record breaking $24,000 in addition th...
Sunday, September 26th, 2021
picture
Its journey from Texas is Complete! should be in service in about 2 months
Fire Safety

In A Fire Emergency:

Get out of the house:

Call 911 and state your address

Call from the neighbor's house.

Get out and stay out.

 

Fireworks Are Dangerous

Even sparklers, which burn as hot as 1200 degrees F (649 C), cause thousands of injuries to children each year. When the sparklers are finshed place them in a bucket with water. Dont discard in the trash immediatly after use.

Attend professional displays and leave fireworks to the technicians who are trained to use them.

 

Protect Your Home From Wildfire

Create a safety zone around your home by clearing flammable vegetation.

Keep your roof clear of leaves and needles.

Discuss community fire safety with your neighbors.

Never leave open burning unattended

If you are burning in the open have a garden hose or other water source near by in case your fire would get away.

Never burn close to a structure

 

Use Electrical Safety

Don't overload extension cords or run them under rugs.

Replace any cord that is cracked or frayed.

If an appliance smokes or has an unusual smell, unplug it and have it repaired by a professional. If in doubt contact your fire department

Use the proper size fuses in your fuse box.

Routinely check your electrical appliances and wiring.

If an appliance has a three-prong plug, use it only in a three-slot outlet.

Never force it to fit into a two-slot outlet or extension cord.

Check your electrical tools regularly for signs of wear. If the cords are frayed or cracked, replace them. Replace any tool if it causes even small electrical shocks, overheats, shorts out or gives off smoke or sparks

 

Gasoline Safety

Store only a small amount of gasoline in an approved container.

Store such a container outside the home.

Use gasoline only as a motor fuel, not for cleaning.

 

Working Smoke Detectors Save Lives

Install them on ever level of your home and outside each sleeping area.

Test smoke detectors monthly and install new batteries twice yearly.

Do not disable your smoke alarm if it alarms due to cooking or other non-fire causes. You may not remember to put the batteries back in the alarm after cooking.

Keep them clean. Dust and debris can interfere with their operation, so vacuum over and around your smoke alarm regularly.

Smoke detectors should be replaced between 8-10 years. Always follow the manufacturer's instructions for replacement.

 

Crawl Under The Smoke

If you encounter smoke on your way out of a fire, use your second way out instead.

If you must escape through smoke, crawl low under the smoke to your exit.

 

Matches And Lighters

Use child resistant lighters.

Store all matches and lighters up high, preferably in a locked cabinet.

Never smoke in bed.

Take the mystery out of fire play by teaching your children that fire is a tool, not a toy

 

Plan Your Escape

Have an escape plan that includes two ways out of each room and a meeting place outside the home.

Practice your plan with the whole family at least twice a year.

 

Stop, Drop And Roll

If your clothes catch on fire, stop where you are, drop to the ground, cover your face with your hands and roll over and over to smother the flames.

 

Space Heaters & Heating Safety Tips

Keep portable and space heaters at least 3 feet from anything that is combustible.

Never leave heaters on when you leave home or got to bed.

Keep children and pets away from heater

Keep fire in the fireplace. Use fire screens and have your chimney cleaned annually. The creosote buildup can ignite a chimney fire that could easily spread.

Kerosene heaters should be used only where approved by authorities. Never use gasoline or camp-stove fuel. Refuel outside and only after the heater has cooled.

 

Carbon Monoxide Alarms & Prevention

Install at least one UL (Underwriters Laboratories) listed carbon monoxide alarm with an audible warning signal near the sleeping areas and outside individual bedrooms. Carbon monoxide alarms measure levels of CO over time and are designed to sound an alarm before an average, healthy adult would experience symptoms. It is very possible that you may not be experiencing symptoms when you hear the alarm. This does not mean that CO is not present.

Have a qualified professional check all fuel burning appliances, furnaces, venting and chimney systems at least once a year.

Never use your range or oven to help heat your home and never use a charcoal grill or hibachi in your home or garage.

Never keep a car running in a garage. Even if the garage doors are open, normal circulation will not provide enough fresh air to reliably prevent a dangerous buildup of CO.

When purchasing an existing home, have a qualified technician evaluate the integrity of the heating and cooking systems, as well as the sealed spaces between the garage and house. The presence of a carbon monoxide alarm in your home can save your life in the event of CO buildup.

 

Fire Pit Safety Tips ·

Establish a Safety Circle around the fire to keep children safe.

Never leave a lit fire pit unattended. Also, remember that for up to an hour after the fire is out, it can still cause burns.  

When you clean out the fire pit, place the ashes several days before emptying them into the trash, compost pile or garden. in a fire-safe ash bucket away from the house.

Situate your fire pit on level ground away from overhanging eaves, trees, or wires and a safe distance from buildings.

 

Use Clothes Dryers Safely

Dryer lint can catch on fire, so clean out the lint filter each time you use the dryer.

Do not run the dryer when no one is home.

Keep plastics, foam, and rubber out of the dryer.

Clothes or rags with flammable liquids on them (such as gasoline, cooking oil or paint thinner) should never be placed in the dryer.

If your dryer needs a 220 outlet, don’t use a 110 instead.

Dryer venting and flexible transition ducts should never go through or end in an attic, crawl space, or chimney.


© 2022 Nuremberg-Weston Vol Fire Company